PLEASE SUPPORT W42ST
W42ST runs on limited resources to keep Hell’s Kitchen connected, updated and upbeat. Access is totally free. Please consider supporting what we do so that we can continue our work!
W42ST Daily 5/14/2020
Following on from yesterday’s email, I spent hours looking at data. I’m concerned for our neighborhood — our restaurants, shops, bars, theaters et al. But yesterday was a “What about W42ST day?” How do we have a business going forward? How can we look at the data and find a way?
Running a print magazine is much more artistic – passion and feel. Getting it just right so the readers love it (because a small percentage tell us) and balancing the books (because enough partners and advertisers invest their dollars in us).
So it must be easy with digital, right? We can pull the data. We can see the clicks. We can understand the “content that works”. We can take daily polls. So here is the initial data…
Top 10 links clicked in W42ST Daily newsletter in the last 2 weeks.
1. Hell’s Kitchen is OPEN! list & map
2. Birdman social distances in the West Village
3. 7pm Applause at ER in Greenwich Village
4. No more ghosting – Covid dating
5. Wing Weft Gloves Colorful Face Masks
6. Are our streets still safe? Our look at crime and the homeless
7. The Naked Cowboy works empty Times Square
8. New Yorkers share striking images of their lives under lockdown
9. Stony Hill Farm shop at Manhattan Plaza
10. New York Landlord Cancels Rent for Hundreds of Tenants
Top 10 stories liked on W42ST Facebook in last 2 weeks.
1. Are our streets still safe?
2. Taking a flight in these turbulent times is no joyride
3. Another reason to love Trevor Noah
4. The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds flew over Hell’s Kitchen
5. Here’s some good news for Harry Potter fans!
6. There she goes. The USNS Comfort leaves NYC on a grey day
7. Spike Lee’s love letter to the people of New York
8. They’ll be handing out masks today at De Witt Clinton Park
9. How one Times Square bodega is battling to keep going
10. Why the Naked Cowboy is still playing his patch in Times Square
These are the top 10 hits from over 250 links in the newsletter and 120 stories posted on Facebook in the last 2 weeks. I’ve not got around to Instagram yet!
It seems that the data proves for now that we are a quirky lot in Hell’s Kitchen. We hope we are serving you well, are we? Please do email back and give us your ideas on how we can continue to keep you connected, updated and upbeat – and build our business!
NEW YORK STORIES
There was cause for celebration yesterday afternoon for Hell’s Kitchen restaurant owners when New York City Council capped the fees of delivery companies like Seamless and UBER Eats. Read what local restaurateurs thought of the ruling at W42ST.com.
DE WITT CLINTON PARK #TBT
Here’s an idea from 1902 for getting the kids back to school in September with social distancing — but we will need to dig up De Witt Clinton Park! Read the story of Fannie Griscom Parsons and how the park was used as a Children’s Farm School. It’s #TBT.
WHAT WE’VE BEEN READING
How this Hell’s Kitchen couple is making their #WFH studio work for them. Small spaces…
It’s true – young dogs really CAN behave like difficult teenagers. Pups…
Karim Rashid has been named as this year’s Laureate of the prestigious American Prize for Design by The Chicago Athenaeum. PRO-LI-FIC…
This poem puts into words what we’re all feeling right now… Beautiful…
And you thought YOUR flatmate was a nightmare during this lockdown? Spooky…
Ruth will be back with you on Friday with more fun. If you like what you are reading, don’t keep it to yourself. Your friends can join the W42ST Daily family too – they can sign up below
Copyright © *|CURRENT_YEAR|* *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list
*|IF:REWARDS|* *|HTML:REWARDS|* *|END:IF|*